Monday, February 15, 2010

In Conversation

The feeler says: Wow! what a beautiful apple - so lush and red - brings a lot of joy to my heart
The thinker says: What is an apple tree doing at this part of world where it is too humid! Unbelievable

The feeler says: The young kid in my class gave me a beautiful card today... how nice of him!
The thinker says: Wasnt he the one who flunked three tests continuously... beware, there might be inner intentions!

The feeler talks about how he feels advertisements are spoiling the culture of young minds
The thinker talks about how the revenue from advertisements is becoming a huge source of income to the media industry and one could predict a great economic boom

The feeler thinks " Do we really need cars? Is the world getting lazier and destroying nature?"
The thinker ponders " If the latest promises of auto company are true, then with the current fuel consumption, the increasing mileage is going to bring a fuel crunch"

The feeler looks at the above statements and immediately analyzes where he belongs and what he generally says or thinks
The thinker fixates on my auto industry statement and wonders which company I am talking about and whether logic fits in my reasoning!

18 comments:

abhster said...

fascinating comparison . No idea where you got your inspiration for this post from , but its quite beautifully written . Who do you think is the better person and who do you think is right ?

CHIBI said...

when i read thro' this post, first i thought was ' why were these two having a conversation, when they dont seem to converse anything similar ?'but never really cared abt the boy, revenue or the automobile industry.. so am i a feeler? or am i thinking too much ? :P

amudhan said...

A fool thinks: "oh man... what kind of an idiot I am. This is at least the 4th time or 5th time I am reading it and I was not able to understand the catch of this blog.". I don't have to tell you who is that fool :)

I was a thinker, then a thinker, and then a feeler and then a terrible thinker and the last paragraph proved that I am a tube light :)

I was thinking 'how could increase in the mileage bring a fuel crunch? Was there a typo? Did Sinduja forget to type DOWN after the bring?', for the first few times I read it.

Please consider having a PS for intellect post like this, for people who are neither a feeler nor a thinker, but lame :)

Sindu said...

Idhellam over - build up Abhishek! :) Thank you anyway!! Who is better and who is right - amazing question... you will have to wait though for the answer.

Sindu said...

@Chibi: U r a feeler for sure.. from the very nature of question on which your comment ended!! :)

Sindu said...

@ amudhan: You know the best thing about yourself Amudhan? You can never be too rude! :) It was a pretty blunt post yet every part of your comment brings yourself down to analyze it.. I dont know if you understand but you are just way too humble.

I figured long back that you were a feeler.

slayer said...

why cant a person be both ??

I have noticed people who think a lot also seem to feel a lot ..

amudhan said...

@Sindu:
I have been thinking for quite a long time what to reply for your reply. I couldn't think of anything other than this: "En indha reththa veri?" :)

I have been totally, 100% flattered that I am clueless of what to reply.

mr.weirdo!! said...

the feelers starts to analyze? now this part has some hidden meaning :) but then if were to be a non-conformist i would say this piece was meant to manipulate people wid empty chasm :) ... lol this is my version of twin personalities :) no offence :)

Sindu said...

@ Slayer: Good question! I guess it is a matter which preference they are inclined to more often and more spontaneously...

@Mr.Weirdo: An expression of one's observation is never intended to manipulate in the first place... :) It is just that there always seem to be some who tend to use logic more (like u perhaps.. ;)) and others tend to use feelings more. It doesnt imply that a feeler cannot think or a thinker cannot feel!

mr.weirdo!! said...

ah ... the grey line has entered the confluence of twin personalities; where each person is now merited by the percentage of the 2 things rather than the bifurcation that existed before.

Ash said...

Good question @abhi ....
Actually who is it mam
I think/feel that both of them are correct......
Or else We could say that a person should follow both the ways

Ash said...

Mam Am i a thinker or a feeler

Sindu said...

Everyone does follow both ways at different points of time. And it is not about being right/wrong... it is abt being smart enough to say the right thing at the right time :)

Sindu said...

Ash, I believe you r a feeler! :)

bomzie said...

And who is he to diversify?

Sindu said...

@bomzie: ??...am sorry but I think I lost u thr

bomzie said...

My bad..

Chalo leave it.:)